Selection Process for the 2024 Victorian State Open Team.
The method of selecting the Victorian Open Team will be changing in 2024.
The four-way pathway system is being removed and players will be asked to form teams based on VQPs only, with the top 4 teams playing in a semi-final and final to become the Victorian Open Team for the ANC. This follows the current ABF system. Selection for the Victorian Women’s, Seniors and Youth Teams will remain unchanged.
Additional events in 2023 will now be awarded VQPs as follows:
- Pennant (1st = 20 VQPs, 2nd = 10 VQPs, losing semi-finalists = 3 VQPs).
- Butler final (1st = 10 VQPs, 2nd = 6 VQPs, 3rd = 4 VQPs).
- VBA Open Pairs (Wednesdays), with VQPs at the same rate as the current formula for congresses.
- Monday online events (State Online Open Teams (8, 15, 22 & 29 May), State Online Open Pairs (4,11,18 September & 2 October) VBA Open Pairs (20, 27 November, 4 December) – with VQPs at the same rate as the current formula for congresses.
- Regional Pairs Championship, VQP award rate 1.5 x congress rate
- Members of State Teams who make the finals at the ANC in the previous year are awarded VQP’s (1st = 8 VQP’s, 4 VQP’s for 2nd )