New Chair of Match & Tournament Committee
The VBA is pleased to announce Mrs Jenny Thompson has taken up the role of Match & Tournament Chairman following the recent resignation of Mr Dale Sheather. Jenny brings a wealth of experience to the role, and is supported by existing MTC Committee members – Mr Michael Phillips, Ms Diana Smart, Mr Jamie Thompson and the State Director Mr Laurie Kelso.
The VBA thank Dale for his work on the committee for the past few years, and in particular for the development and introduction of the Club Champion of Champions event earlier this year.
The VBA Match & Tournament Committee (MTC) is responsible for the running of all bridge events conducted under the auspices of the VBA which includes Victorian State and VBA Club events, as well as approval and allocation of all congresses.
Its specific tasks include:
- Create the rules and regulations for all VBA State and Club events;
- Maintain the substitution policy, and sign off on appropriate substitution requests;
- Maintain and apply the eligibility policy, which determines player eligibility for Victorian state representation;
- Determine the format and scoring of all State and Club events;
- Create and maintain policy regarding security, including hand records, dealing, boards, screens and vu-graph events;
- Construct the Victorian bridge calendar;
- Management & Conduct of the VQP system
- State Team Uniform Policy
The MTC Committee may be contacted by email at [email protected]